Auburn Firefighters made quick work of a small fire at an apartment building Tuesday morning.
According to the Auburn Fire Department, crews responded to the Genesee Street building soon after 11:00a where a small fire was found in the wall by the entrance’s stairs.
It only took crews roughly 15 minutes to snuff out the flames.
No injuries were reported and no one will be displaced.
The cause of the fire was determined to be smoking materials discarded by the building’s steps.
Get the top stories on your radio 24/7 on Finger Lakes News Radio 96.3 and 1590, WAUB and 106.3 and 1240, WGVA, and on Finger Lakes Country, 96.1/96.9/101.9/1570 WFLR.