In this episode:
- A busy summer season of traffic and crowd control at events.
- 79 arraignments at the Centralized Arraignment Program at the County Jail.
- A number of those were bench warrants for people who failed to appear for court appearances. The Sheriff believes further changes are needed to the state’s bail reform law.
- Challenges in putting together a 2024 budget.
- A number of agencies are offering the entry level law enforcement exam September 9. The Sheriff suggest those who take the exam register with multiple agencies for the best chance of getting hired.
- A drug take back and awareness event at the Owasco Fire Department July 24.
Get the top stories on your radio 24/7 on Finger Lakes News Radio 96.3 and 1590, WAUB and 106.3 and 1240, WGVA, and on Finger Lakes Country, 96.1/96.9/101.9/1570 WFLR.