In this episode:
- Ave recapped an ag tour attended by nearly a hundred people.
- Senator Gillibrand’s recent appearance to call for the Finger Lakes to be designated a National Heritage Area.
- A visit by the state Ag and Markets Secretary to a shiitake mushroom farm.
- 4-H students honored at the state fair.
- Upcoming events, including a meat canning workshop and the end of farm market season in a few weeks.
- Ryan talked about this summer’s rain barrel and composting workshops and looked ahead to household waste and E waste drop off days in Seneca and Cayuga Counties.
Get the top stories on your radio 24/7 on Finger Lakes News Radio 96.3 and 1590, WAUB and 106.3 and 1240, WGVA, and on Finger Lakes Country, 96.1/96.9/101.9/1570 WFLR.