Tickets are now on sale for direct train service to and from this summer’s Great New York State Fair – one of the largest summer tourist attractions in the Empire State.
The daily train service provides Amtrak customers and Fair visitors with another option to reach one of New York State’s premier summer events and take in all that the Fair has to offer, including top musical performances, agricultural exhibits, fun games, and delicious food. Five trains will make daily stops at the Fair throughout its 13-day duration, starting Wednesday, August 23, and continuing through Monday, September 4.
By taking the train, Fair visitors will skip tolls, traffic, and parking fees, and save on gas by arriving steps from the fairgrounds via select Empire Service and Maple Leaf (Trains 63 and 64) trains, which will make daily stops at the State Fair (in between stops at Rochester and Syracuse stations). The Amtrak stop at The Fair is in the rear of the fairgrounds, adjacent to the Suburban Park concert area. Train service to the Fair includes:
- Maple Leaf Train 63 – Departs Moynihan Train Hall at 7:16 am and arrives at the Fair at 1:09 p.m.
- Maple Leaf Train 64 – Departs Toronto at 8:20 a.m. and arrives at the Fair at 2:26 p.m.
- Empire Service Train 281 – Departs New York at 10:21 a.m. and arrives at the Fair at 4:17 p.m.
- Empire Service Train 283 – Departs New York at 1:20 p.m. and arrives at the Fair at 7:06 p.m.
- Empire Service Train 284 – Departs Niagara Falls at 6:27 a.m. and arrives at the Fair at 9:21 a.m.
“The Great New York State Fair is one of the must-see events of summertime in New York State and taking the train to get there only adds to the fun,” Governor Kathy Hochul said. “We are so pleased that Amtrak will once again offer direct train service to the Fair, allowing travelers to save on gas, minimize traffic and help protect the environment. I thank our partners at Amtrak for working with us to offer this convenient travel option for Fair goers.”
Tickets are available on Amtrak’s website or App.