Keuka Athletics news release
KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The 2023 season for the Keuka College Women’s Lacrosse team ended on Saturday with a 20-7 loss to Utica University in an Empire 8 Conference game at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Utica University 20 at Keuka College 7
The Wolves got out to a fast start as Tori Nelson scored just over three minutes into the game on Saturday for the early 1-0 Keuka College lead. Utica answered a minute and a half later. The goal started a run for the Pioneers as they scored eight straight to lead 8-1 after the first quarter.
The run continued for Utica in the second quarter. Utica held the Wolves to just two shots in the frame. They outscored the Wolves 5-0 in the second to lead 13-1 at the half.
Keuka College to back on the board with a goal 5:37 into the third quarter as Grace Morse set up Maddie Fassinger. Utica responded, but Keuka answered right back with the second goals from Tori Nelson and Maddie Fassinger. Madeline Greene added a goal, but Utica had the final tally of the third to take a 16-5 lead into the final quarter.
- Keuka College falls to 1-9 all-time against Utica. The Wolves are winless in five meetings at Keuka College
- As a team, Alyssa Chase and Hannah Blaker combined for 10 saves. The Wolves recorded 140 saves this season, the second-most in program history
- Chase finished the year with 117 saves. It was the fifth-most in a single season and she currently sits at fifth on the career saves list
- Playing in her final game, senior Madeline Greene recorded 11 draw controls. She will end her senior season with the sixth-most draw controls in a season with 70 and leaves Keuka with the fifth-most in program history
- The Wolves held a 16-12 edge in draw controls on Saturday.