WGVA 106.3FM 1240AMMix 98.5101.7 The WallWFLR Finger Lakes Country Classic Hits 99.3The Lake 100.1/104.5 WAUB 96.3FM 1590AM

Man in custody for punching actor Steve Buscemi in Manhattan: Authorities

SHARE NOW

(NEW YORK) — A 50-year-old man has been taken into custody for allegedly assaulting actor Steve Buscemi on a New York City street earlier this month, authorities said.

Buscemi was walking down the street just before noon on May 8 when he was punched in the face, suffering bruising, swelling and bleeding to his left eye, according to the NYPD.

Clifton Williams, who was identified as a suspect earlier in the week, was taken into custody in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood Friday afternoon, authorities said. The officers were responding to a harassment call of a man yelling at people when they realized the suspect was Williams, authorities said.

A representative for Buscemi said the 66-year-old “Boardwalk Empire” star “is ok and appreciates everyone’s well wishes.”

Buscemi, a native of Brooklyn, has starred in movies such as “Reservoir Dogs,” “Fargo” and “Armageddon.” He also has one Emmy win and eight nominations for his TV work.
 

Copyright © 2024, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Get the top stories on your radio 24/7 on Finger Lakes News Radio 96.3 and 1590, WAUB and 106.3 and 1240, WGVA, and on Finger Lakes Country, 96.1/96.9/101.9/1570 WFLR.