Fire destroyed a barn and damaged another in Steuben County.
A half-dozen departments were called to a farm on Turnpike Road in the town of Bath to put out the blaze. According to the owners, the barns were used as storage sheds. The Bath Fire Department reports no people or animals were injured in the fire.
Despite the investigation continuing, the owners of the farm were told an electric fencer shorted out, possibly by a raccoon or rodents chewing through some wiring.
Kanona, Avoca, Howard, Bath VA, Hammondsport, and Pulteney to the scene and Savona to the Bath station to cover.