An electric space heater is being looked at as the possible cause of a fire that heavily damaged a mobile home in Ontario County Wednesday morning.
A total of seven fire departments responded to 2226 County Road 25 in Clifton Springs to put out the blaze just before seven. A mother and her four children were not home when the fire broke out but adult cats perished. The American Red Cross is assisting the family. The space heater was located in the home’s Master Bedroom, where investigators say the fire originated. The mobile home is not insured.
The Clifton Springs Fire Department was assisted on-scene by Phelps, Seneca Castle, Shortsville, Port Gibson, Newark, and Fairville Fire Departments.