WGVA 106.3FM 1240AMMix 98.5101.7 The WallWFLR Finger Lakes Country Classic Hits 99.3The Lake 100.1/104.5 WAUB 96.3FM 1590AM

Fastrac Fire in Geneva


A discarded cigarette is being blamed for a fire Wednesday morning at the Geneva Fastrac gas station on Hamilton Street.

Geneva fire officials say they believe a cigarette was tossed into landscaping on the east side of the store and it caught the bushes on fire.  The flames spread to roof of the building.

Firefighters had to cut and rip part of the roof to put out the smokey fire.

The store is closed this afternoon.

Photos by Greg Cotterill, Finger Lakes Daily News.


Get the top stories on your radio 24/7 on Finger Lakes News Radio 96.3 and 1590, WAUB and 106.3 and 1240, WGVA, and on Finger Lakes Country, 96.1/96.9/101.9/1570 WFLR.