An electrical issue is blamed for Thursday morning’s attic fire at an apartment house on Osborne Street in Auburn.
Firefighters were on the scene within 5 minutes after the call came in, and Assistant Chief Mike Grady told Finger Lakes News Radio they quickly had the blaze under control.
Investigators later determined the fire was accidental. No one was injured, but six families have been left homeless until the smoke and water damage can be cleaned up.
The residents of a Barber Street home are also in temporary housing after a fire on Halloween night.
Firefighters rescued two dogs from the building.
Auburn Police and state fire investigators have taken over the investigation of the fire in the back stairwell of the two unit converted house.