Dundee firefighters were called to Seneca Street Monday afternoon for a Moravec drilling rig that caught on fire. It happened right around 2 o’clock next to the Starkey Town Hall. James Bush, of Penn Yan, was operating the rig when a pocket of methane gas was opened in the well and a spark created a fire in the well casing. Bush was bale to cut the power off to the rig, call 9-1-1 and evacuate people from the town of Starkey building. The well drilling rig sustained severe damage. No injuries were reported.
Thank you to Rick Margeson and John Wiedemer for submitting the following photos from the scene.