With construction of the Equal Rights Heritage Center in downtown Auburn continuing to move forward, he project site at 25 South Street will expand into Lincoln Street beginning on Monday, June 4.
As a result, there will be some major changes to the traffic pattern in the area around the site:
- The east bound lanes Lincoln Street between South Street and William Street will be closed for the remainder of the summer.
- Lincoln Street will become a one way street from South Street heading west to William Street.
- CENTRO will be relocating their local bus transfer station from Lincoln Street down to Dill Street. This is a permanent move for CENTRO.
- The intersection at Lincoln Street and William Street will continue to be controlled by stop signs at all 4 directions.
- There will be no east bound traffic allowed on to Lincoln Street from William Street.
- Those using the Downtown Parking Garage will have to enter Lincoln Street from South Street. They will have to exit the garage turning west on Lincoln Street and out the William Street intersection.
The traffic pattern will remain through most of the summer, with street work on Lincoln Street and the two intersections at William and South Streets expected to begin later in the summer.