A pan left on a lit stove was the cause of a smoky fire at the Kings and Queens Court Apartments on South Street on Sunday morning. Firefighters were called shortly before 3:30 as residents scrambled to get out of the smoke-filled buildings.
Auburn Fire Chief Joe Morabito tells Finger Lakes News Radio firefighters checked the apartments and found a serious problem.
He added the situation is being addressed.
No one was injured, but two tenants and two police officers were examined for smoke inhalation.