The STEPS (Seneca Town Engaging People for Solutions) Sustainability Forum, to be held at the South Seneca Elementary School Cafeteria on May 15 is now accepting registration through the Seneca County Cooperative Extension, one of the sponsors for the forum. To register, go to www.senecacountyCCE.org. Look for Sustainability Forum and register. There is no charge to attend and child care will be provided, starting at 6 p.m. following supper, which starts at 5:30.
This forum is sponsored by STEPS, South Seneca School District and Seneca County Cooperative Extension. The purpose of the forum is to:
- learn about the connection between improving the physical environment and your well-being;
- discover how you can participate based on your interest areas and personal time;
- understand how working with our community’s assets can serve to reduce our vulnerabilities;
- take home simple action plans for the safety and joy of your home environment that have an impact;
- consider yourself a community asset and a partner with public officials in their stewardship of the community;
- intend to hand off a safe and healthy community to the next generation.
STEPS is a neighborhood health improvement initiative of the S2AY Rural Health Network funded by the Greater Rochester Health Foundation. The residents of the 4 South Seneca Towns of Covert, Lodi, Ovid and Romulus determine STEPS’ focused projects. All are welcome to join in to encourage that every individual in our community reach high levels of social, economic and personal health. For more information about STEPS call (607) 403-0069 or look at their website: http://www.senecasteps.org STEPS main office is located at 7501 Main St., Ovid, NY 14521.