The investigation into a Friday afternoon structure fire at 9180 Rhodes Road in the town of Lodi has been completed.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they reported flames coming from the roof of the structure. The fire was quickly extinguished and damage was kept to the chimney and roof of the two-story home. The Seneca County Fire Investigation team ruled the fire to be accidental and that it originated in the chimney of the residence.
Firefighters from Ovid, Interlaken, Romulus, Hector, Trumansburg, Enfield, and Burdett assisted Lodi units at the scene.