When faculty and staff arrived at Geneva’s St. Francis-St. Stephen School this morning a carbon monoxide alarm was going off. According to a Facebook notice from Principal Mary Mantelli the building was evacuated with everyone going over to St. Stephen Church . A carbon monoxide leak was found in the furnace room in the basement of the old part of the school. The fire department, gas company and maintenance staff responded and they were able to stop the leak and vent the carbon monoxide from the building.
We spoke with Fire Chief Mike Combs about the action they took.