The Canandaigua ATHENA Steering Committee, Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce and Professional Women of the Finger Lakes invites the community to join them in honoring six women who have been nominated for the coveted ATHENA Leadership honor at the November 17th Canandaigua ATHENA Leadership Awards Dinner. The individuals nominated this year exemplify the qualities of leadership in the 21st Century; Learning, Authentic Self, Collaboration, Courageous Acts, Relationships, Celebration & Joy, Giving Back, and Fierce Advocacy.
The Six ATHENA Award Nominees are:
- Vicki B. Mandrino, Senior Vice President-Compliance Officer, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Denise E. McKenzie, Community Care Pastor
- Terrie L. Meyn, Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Happiness House
- Amy Pauley, Director of Development and Government Relations, Executive Director, FLCC Foundation, Finger Lakes Community College
- Laurie Riedman, Owner, Riedman Communications
- Patricia D. Schwarzweller, Senior Director of Development, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The Canandaigua ATHENA Leadership program will also be honoring four Canandaigua ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award nominees. This recognition is for an emerging woman leader, 40 years of age or younger, who demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in her business or profession, provides valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in her community, and clearly serves as a role model for women both personally and professionally.
The Four ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Nominees are:
- Stephanie Friel, Quality Improvement Coordinator, Thompson Health
- Marie A. Lopez, Business Banking Officer, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
- Lauren Moore, Executive Director, Pioneer Library System
- Sayeh Rivazfar, Investigator, New York State Police
The 33rd Annual ATHENA Leadership Awards Dinner will be held Friday, November 17th at the Finger Lakes Community College Student Center. The evening begins with cocktails at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 6:45 p.m. and presentation of the ATHENA Leadership and the ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Awards. There will be a silent auction to win some wonderful items and donations are still welcome.
Reservations are available at the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce at $60 per person. If you would like to be a Gold Sponsor and purchase a table of eight with special recognition, the cost is $750. Reservations must be made through Elisha Everson, IOM, Manager of Communications & Events at the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce by calling (585) 394-4400, ext. 203 no later than November 3rd.
A portion of proceeds from the event go to women’s scholarships. The evening is made possible through the generous support of our Founding Sponsor: Randall Farnsworth Auto Group, and our Diamond Sponsors: Five Star Bank and Pinnacle North.
For more event info click here.