Tyre resident Kathy Jans-Duffy has been named the 2012 Woman Of The Year by the Seneca County Woman's Coalition. She will be honored at a March 2nd dinner at the Hotel Clarence.
Jans-Duffy was selected for her many activities.
- One of two Tyre town justices
- Ambassador for induction ceremonies and member of The National Women's Hall Of Fame
- President and longtime member of the "It's A Wonderful Life" committee
- Seneca Falls Historical Society collections manager
- Seneca County Arts Council member
- Basenji Rescue and Transport volunteer
In addition, she is a former president of the Seneca Falls Rotary, where she is still a member, and past president of the Seneca County Magistrates and Court Clerks Association. She has also served on the Canal Festival and Convention Days committees, as well as Celebrate 98.
She is the 47th woman to have been bestowed this honor. The inaugural Woman Of The Year was Cora Matthews in 1963. The most recent honoree was Janie Nusser for 2011.
The March 2nd banquet tickets are available by calling 568-8412 or 568-5966. The cost is $35. Cocktail hour is at 5:30pm followed by dinner at 6:30.