Fire destroyed a Schuyler County home late Monday night. Firefighters from Odessa, Montour Falls, Watkins Glen, Mecklenberg, Burdett, Enfield and Millport were called to the State Route 228 home in Odessa shortly before 11 p.m.
When they arrived on scene, the home was fully engulfed. Two people inside were taken to Schuyler Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
Firefighters believe a candle, which was tipped over while lit in a bedroom, started the blaze. Their investigation continues.
Photo courtesy of the Odessa File. For more photos, click here