NYSEG & RGE Warnings About Carbon Monoxide

As you crank up the heat at home it's time to remember some simple safety rules so you and your loved ones aren't overcome by deadly Carbon Monoxide. NYSEG and RG&E say have a "professional check.. heating systems and chimneys, flues and vents once a year." Also make sure carbon monoxide detectors are installed  and working. Spokesman Clay Ellis explains what carbon monoxide is...

                                                                                                                                                                

 

What can people do to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning?

 

 

Never use natural gas stoves, oven or charcoal grills as an indoor heat source. Ellis has some advice for folks with emergency electric generators.



Ellis says you should always read the owner's manual when using supplemental heat sources, such as space heaters or fireplaces.

 

 

Exposure to carbon monoxide can cause have flu-like symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, and loss of muscle control, and prolonged exposure can cause very serious illness or even death. If you suspect a carbon monoxide problem, GET UP, GET OUT, AND CALL 911.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
41°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds