Fire Leaves Seven Homeless in Auburn

A Saturday morning fire has left seven members of an Auburn family homeless. The fire broke out at 31 Elizabeth Street at about 6:30 Saturday morning. Auburn firefighters had it under control within about 20 minutes. The homeowners shut the door to the bedroom where the fire broke out, preventing it from spreading to other rooms. The fire was caused by candles in the bedroom. None of the residents were hurt, alhtough a firefighter suffered a minor injury.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
50°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds