Saturday, May 31 2014 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Plant Exchange on May 31, 2014 at South Exchange Street
If you are looking for a little diversity in your garden, and you have a few seedlings you are willing to part with, join us at the Plant Exchange on May 31, starting at 9:00 a.m.
This is a perfect opportunity to bring garden lovers together to share and exchange plants, along with your ideas, experiences and tips!
Types of Plants to Exchange Include:
- perennials that gardeners thin or divide at various times through the growing season,
- seedlings (flowers or vegetables) some gardeners start plants from seed,
- the size of the plant is up to gardener,
- place each plant to be exchanged in some sort of a container (plastic pot, or baggie),
- label with the plant name, variety, bloom color, height, and best soil or sun conditions,
- the plants are kept watered (as needed) prior to exchange.
How Does it Work?
Each gardener brings the number of plants they would like to exchange that day. For example: One person brings a total of seven plants. Her goal is to leave with the same number but different plants. If she only chooses three different ones, she can choose to give the rest away. For more information check out this blog post about a plant swap in another community: http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2009/04/26/the-neighborhood-plant-swap/.
Starting at 9:00 a.m.
9:00 AM – plants to be exchanged are arranged .
9:00 to 9:30 AM – gardeners have a chance to see all the plants brought to the exchange to see what is available.
9:30 AM – Round 1: each person who brought a plant will get to choose a plant. Continue rounds until all plants are chosen!
Location, Location, Location
Site of proposed Bark Park, where old wooden playground was, off parking lot, past Geneva Recreation’s Ice and Turf Arena.
For more information: