Wednesday, August 7 2013 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Fred Jensen’s Farm, 1073 Marshall Road, Waterloo, NY 13165
Waterloo, NY – Immediately following Empire Farm Days, growers are invited to attend a FREE tour of local farms to view reduced tillage crops and equipment and a comparison of production practices. The tour will start at Fred Jensen’s Farm at 1073 Marshall Road in Waterloo, NY. Whether you are already an establish reduced tiller, thinking of trying it, or a relatively new adopter, fine-tuning your reduced tilling, you’ll learn a lot at this tour.
Growers can expect to see and learn about the following:
- Deep placement of ammonia preplant vs. liquid N applied at planting
- Strip tiller with N applicator configured from various components
- Strip till soybeans planted with and without auto guidance
- No till soybeans drilled vs. planted in 30 inch rows
- Crops in fields with effective tile vs. insufficient tile
- Auto steer on an articulated tractor, and auto guidance that failed
- Ammonia applied on a bias to corn planting
For more information about this tour, contact Bill Verbeten, CCE NWNY Field Crops Specialist, at email@example.com or call 585-313-4457. Directions and a map to the event can be found at http://cvp.cce.cornell.edu/event.php?id=109.