Naples Man Credits Smoke Detector For Saving His Life During House Fire

On 1/26/13 at 10:51pm, the Yates County Sheriff's Office responded with Naples Fire and Ambulance to the report of a house fire at a home on State Route 245 in Naples. Upon arrival, responders were presented with a chimney fire which had extended into the wall. Fire department personnel extinguished the fire and completed overhaul of the immediate area. 68-year old James Pagorek, homeowner, reports that he had been asleep at the time the fire broke out and credits his smoke detector for alerting him to the situation.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Geneva, NY
49°
Keyword Search
Geneva Office:
3568 Lenox Rd.
Geneva, NY 14456
(315) 781-7000
News fax (315) 781-7077
Auburn Office:
5998 Experimental Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
(315) 258-0937
Dundee/Penn Yan office:
30 Main St.
Dundee, NY 14837
(607) 243-7158
Canandaigua Office:
3070 County Road 10
Canandaigua,NY 14424
(585) 394-1550
Copyright © 2014 Finger Lakes Daily News | EEO Report | Contest Rules | Contact
Site Designed by RiverBender.com
RSS Feeds