Several fire departments spent about three hours battling a blaze in Scipio. The Citizen reports crews arrived around five o’clock Saturday morning to a house fire on Route 38 in Scipio.
Firefighters spent over three hours putting out the fire, which was extinguished around 8:15. Investigators believe the fire started from the wood stove in the two-story house. Two adults and two children live there, and were not injured.
Officials say the home can be salvaged, but right now it’s not in any living condition. The family will be staying with neighbors for the time being.