Currently, nonperishable items needed for the pantry include grains, high-protein foods (peanut butter, protein bars, canned meat and fish, etc.), canned foods, baking items, personal hygiene products and cleaning products. Pass the Plate also accepts kitchenware items such as pots and pans, cooking utensils, flatware, bowls and plates, and microwaves.
Collection bins are located at:
- Abbe Center for Jewish Life
- Chaplain’s Office, Demarest Hall
- Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning, Trinity Hall (second floor)
- Counseling Center (first floor)
- Intercultural Affairs
- Office of Advancement, 20 Seneca St.
- Office of Professor of Geoscience Nan Crystal Arens, Senior Dean of Faculty, Coxe Hall (second floor)
- Residential halls
- Smith Hall (first floor)
- Winn Seeley Gymnasium
To support Pass the Plate, donations are also accepted online and via check. Checks are payable to Hobart and William Smith Colleges and may be mailed to: Wendy Barnhart, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, 300 Pulteney Street, Geneva, NY 14456. Donations can also be made through an HWS payroll deduction.